Thursday, August 20, 2009

Fishy

This weekend, I went up to Grandma and Grandpa's and went to their pool! It's been documented on this site before, but I am a little bit iffy about the water. I love going in my wading pool in the backyard, but beyond that, I've always preferred to stay mostly dry. At first, I stayed on the side of the pool and played with the pool toys, mostly by throwing them and making Dad go fetch them for me. He does the same thing to Lexie, so I figured it was only fair.

But then, Dad tricked me a little bit and whisked me off the side of the pool and out into the water. Even I had to admit that it wasn't really so bad.

Not long after that I was kicking my legs and everything. Once I did that I said, "I'm swimming! I'm swimming like Shamu!" I'm pretty sure that they are going to ask me to be in the show at Sea World from now on.

I even let Dad show me how to put my face in the water, which for me, is a HUGE accomplishment. I only drank a few gallons of pool water before I figured out how to blow OUT instead of drinking in. Once Dad told me it was just like blowing bubbles, I was a pro.

And look! I'm "surfing!" I don't know why Dad always acts like surfing is so hard, this is way easy. Once I'm done with Sea World, I may just go work for Billabong or something. They'd totally sponsor me.

Here's some live action of my sweet skills. Olympics, here I come!

2 comments:

G-Daddy said...

You forgot to mention that you could also be a swin suit model...........and a rocket scientist, of course. As I have always told you, and you repeat to me..you can do anything! Yes, you can! Looks like you had a great day at Grandma and Grandpa's pool! I remember taking your Mommy and Auntie swimming when we went camping...remind me some day to tell you about one of those days....I won't put it here because your Mom would just edit it out anyway! I love you!

Marie said...

Madison...Oh my, while Auntie was gone, you just turned into a swimmer, right before our eyes. Great surfing ability too, with Daddy's help. Summertime fun! Love you!