Wednesday, May 21, 2008

NYC, Part II

Hi everyone! I wanted to fill you in on the rest of my trip in the Big Apple. Here I am with Dad on the carousel in Central Park. Dad had to make sure I was strapped in good because those horses go fast!

Here we are in motion. See, you can barely see me I'm going so fast!

Here we are at FAO Schwarz, which is a giant toy store. Is there anything better?! They have this giant piano that you step on and it lights up! There's a video at the bottom of this post, because that just couldn't be captured by a picture.

We went to see a Mets game at Shea Stadium. I really like baseball games. Dad was also going to see a game at Yankee Stadium, but it was rained out. Mom and Dad thought they had traveled the farthest to see the game, until another man said he came all the way from Ireland to see it. So he wins.

Here we are at the Empire State Building. I wanted to show all those people just how cool I am and not nervous about being up so high, so I wore my shades. I think it worked.

We went to the Natural History Museum, which was huge! We got a little lost in there, but found our way to the butterfly exhibit. I'm a big fan of butterflies. We went inside that room there, but it was so humid so our pictures turned out pretty foggy. I got to see a butterfly hatching out of its cocoon. The museum man was way more excited by that than I was.

Here I am with Dad and Grandpa in Central Park. I know, I know, we're really cute.

So here's the video of me on the big piano. The man behind me was trying to ruin my flow by playing some song. I personally like my music better.

3 comments:

Marie said...

Oh our "New York" baby traveler, it is most apparent you enjoyed every step of your trip, right down the piano keys. Yes, you are all too cute for words! Glad you're home safe and sound. Miss and love you!

NIKOL said...

You know those poor people at FAO Schwartz have to listen to "Heart and Soul" all day long on that floor piano. Heh.

Madison is too cute!!

Anonymous said...

Ah, the memories! That was one of my very favorite vacations! You were such a trouper! And the people of New York are much better off for your visit! You taught them how to say "hi" and
"give me five" in two quick lessons! I loved every minute...and I love you and your parents too!